Hello, lovely readers! Today I am talking about some of my predictions for A Court of Wings and Ruin. As you can tell, I am extremely (and by extremely I mean nail-biting-head-banging-breath-holding-extreme) excited for the release of A Court of Wings and Ruin. Now, you may say, “Katie, are you crazy? You just did this same exact blog post.” My last ACOWAR post was a theories post, and today is set up a little differently. I’m using this list of questions that Leslie over on abookandacoffee published on her tumblr. So, here are 27 questions and answers that all have to do with ACOWAR.
*This post contains spoilers from A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury*
- Do you want any other POV’s besides Rhys or Feyre? Which? Honestly, my answer for this one is no. I have read books with both dual POV’s and multiple character POV’s. With multiple characters, it just gets confusing and you start to feel disconnected from your characters. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a good duel POV book, but I just don’t think multiple POV’s would work in this situation. However, there is only one exception I would make to this, and it’s if the third POV is someone we don’t know a lot about. Perhaps Tarquin, Miryam, Drakon, or Jurian. Any of those four I think would be hella rad, just because we don’t know much about them and we won’t get to see them in Rhyand or Feyre’s POV’s.
- If you could only pick one ship, elucien, nessian, or moriel, to officially become canon, which would it be? This one is so easy for me. I would totally pick moriel in a heartbeat. Those two have been waiting, what, 500 years for this? They deserve to be happy. Just let my babies be happy.
- Do you have any theories about what will happen with the war? Well, sort-of? War is going to happen, it’s inevitable. I think the Humans and the Fae of Prythian are going to kick-ass together, with the help of Miryam, Drakon, and his armies. I think the wall will most likely come down. And I think we’re going to win.
- Cassian’s wings. Go. Healing, but not functional. I think he will be able to use his wings again, but just not right away. It’s going to have to take time for those babies to heal (maybe, half the book?), because they were literally shredded by Hybern’s magic. I think it will be a great character development arc to see him struggle with the fact that one of his most prized possessions is vulnerable. Nesta will be attracted to helping him when he is going through this, solidifying their mating bond. Yes, they’re mating bond.
- Do you think we will see Miryam and Drakon? Do you want to? Yes, and HECK YES!! I think Miryam and Drakon are two very interesting and deep characters that would be so fun to explore, even if they just get a cameo (or perhaps a novella). There is no way Sarah would write an entire story for them, only for them not to show up in the finale.
- Which character (outside of Rhys and Feyre) do you want to see getting the most development? LUCIEN. Lucien so deserves the character development in this book. He needs this in order to be with Elain and become a comrade for the Night Court. It just has to happen, no doubt. Another character I would like to see develop is Azriel. In ACOMAF he’s a very one-sided and flat character. I know this is because he is closed in, shadowy, and brooding, but I would just love to see him come out of shell a liiiitle bit more in this book.
- Tamlin: redemption or death? Neither. He doesn’t deserve to be redeemed, but he also does not deserve to die, as much of a bastard as he is. He deserves to just be forgotten in his little corner of the world and live a low-life until he dies naturally or by some other means. I think it would be really interesting if, instead of killing him, the other High Lords decide to strip him of his High Lordship(?) or something along those lines. I would be okay if he died in battle I suppose, but I don’t want one of our main characters to kill him.
- Do you think anyone will die in ACOWAR (that we care about, that is)? Who? Um, yes? I don’t really know how to gauge if there will be any death in this book because we have never gotten a finale book from Sarah J. Maas before. I think if someone does die it would have to be either Cassian or Azriel, and at this point I’m leaning towards Azriel. I really don’t know, you guys. It’s also very possible someone minor but still heartbreaking could die like Alis, the Suriel, or Nuala/Cerridwen.
- What role do you think the other courts will play in the war? Big ones. I think the courts absolutely have to come together and unite as one against the King of Hybern. There’s one little bump in the road though – the Autumn Court. In my *A Court of Wings and Ruins Crackpot Theories* blog post, I talk about how I think that problem will be resolved – so head over there to find out.
- Are there any minor characters (e.g. the Bone Carver, the Weaver) that you’d like to see again? Yes! I would love to see the Bone Carver again. I am absolutely dying to know more about that specific character and the information they have to share with our Inner Circle. However, I would most definitely not want to see the Weaver again, like ever. She creeps me out to no extent. Especially because her house is made of, well, humans.
- How effective of a spy do you think Feyre will be, really? Super effective! IF Tamlin actually agrees to let her know what is happening, then her job is easy. Otherwise, her job is a little harder but I think she’ll still find a way to report back to Rhysand. I think the mission that she is on in the Spring Court will be able to keep her grounded no matter how far unwound she becomes because of Tamlin.
- Which court do you most want to see in ACOWAR? ALL OF THEM. Can that be an answer? If I had to choose, I think it would have to be the Autumn Court. The politics in that court are so interesting, and I think they are definitely going to become heavily involved in A Court of Wings and Ruin. On a more aesthetic preference, however, I would LOVE to explore the Dawn Court. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be part of court with beautiful sunsets and sunrises? At least that’s the vibe I’m getting.
- Lesser Fae – do you want to see more of them? Of course! I want to see them become an equal race by the end of the book. If the foreshadowing of Tarquin and Rhysand’s hopes are anything, I think this has a real shot of happening. I also think it would be really interesting to see Lucien fighting for Lesser Fae rights because of his late lover.
- How do you think Elain will react to the mating bond with Lucien? I think she will have to accept herself before she accepts the mating bond, and although that may take time, I think she will eventually come around. And it’s not like she can ignore the mating bond, it means they’re basically made for each other, an equal in every way.
- Would you rather Nesta trains as a warrior, or more of a strategist? Do you think she’ll actually be willing to help out the Night Court? Both! I think she’s definitely both a natural-born warrior and a natural-born strategist, so I think she’ll have no problem learning how to embrace those skills. I can just see Nesta having training sessions with Cassian. I think she’ll do anything to help her sisters, and if that means helping the Night Court, then that is what she will do. I have a feeling Nesta is going to train those Illyrian females into kick-ass warriors.
- Mor’s power – what would you like it to be? Honestly, I have nothing for this one. We know her power is almost a match to Amren’s, but as far as that, I have no idea what it could be. Or if it’s even a specific power and more just bad-ass magic skills.
- What do you think the dynamic between Lucien and Feyre will be like in the Spring Court? In one word: hilarious. It’s going to be so fun watching Feyre sabotage all of Tamlin’s plans, while Lucien (hopefully) sits in the corner and allows it to happen. I just don’t think Lucien is going to snitch on her, not after he found out Elain was his mate.
- How do you think the Cauldron might come into play in the war? I think it’s going to be the main player in the war. Without this stupid cauldron, most of this would never have happened in the first place. Maybe it will rip a hole in the seam of the world and allow Amren to go home.
- The mortal queens: do you think they all survived taking a Cauldron bath? What would you like to see happen with them? I think they most likely did survive, yes. As for what I’d like to see happen, I think it would be fun if they were just mortally embarrassed about something and refuse to come back out of hiding just so we can get rid of them without actually killing them. But if worst comes to worst and one of them gets in your way, then you do what you have to do.
- Amren: what is she, really? Would you be ok if she got to go home? Again, I talked about this in my other blog post here: *ACOWAR Crackpot Theories*. I’m going to be ecstatic if she gets to go home, the women deserves it at this point.
- Jurian or the King of Hybern or Ianthe: who needs to die more? Definitely the King of Hybern! None of this mess would have started if he never went power crazy in the first place. The thing with Hybern is that we don’t get a backstory on him like we do with Ianthe and Jurian which makes it a lot harder for us to sympathize with him.
- What smut scenes would you like to see in the book? I’m not exactly picky when it comes to smut but I would like to see Azriel and Mor get together.
- Babies -yea or nay? If you had to pick one couple to have a mini, who would it be? No babies!!! No! They can’t go to war with little babies in their stomach. The only reasons babies would ever be okay is if they are running around in a meadow in the last 3 pages while Feyre and Rhysand smile at each other because they finally got their happy ending.
- How do you think Nesta and Elain will react to being thrust into the Night Court after going for a swim in the Cauldron? I think they will try to accept it with grace and civility but they will low-key be freaking out. Nesta will become fast friends with Amren who would do anything to make Nesta feel comfortable for her High Lady. Elain will also become fast friends with Mor, which would be amazing.
- How quickly are you going to read this book, exactly? Do you want spoilers? Or are you going to avoid tumblr like the black plague? I want to read this book in the week/first weekend that it comes out, but sadly I have a HUGE AP test the week after the book comes out, so I really have to study. It might take me around 2 weeks to actually get it done. And yes, I will be avoiding tumblr like the black plague.
- What are three things you do NOT want from ACOWAR? I do not want to see any war-time babies running around, Tamlin being fully redeemed, or death of any shape, size, or form.
- What are your top three wishes for ACOWAR that you would metaphorically (or literally) kill for? I want Lucien to become High Lord of something, I want to watch the Inner circle become happy and with their mates as they settle down for a while, and my third wish is for the book to come out sooner. Because I need it now!!
Well, there you have it… 27 questions explaining my thoughts on the upcoming release of A Court of Wings and Ruin. Thank you to abookandacoffee for creating these wonderful questions. Go check out her tumblr for some seriously amazing fanfiction. Please share your thoughts in the comments below!