Hello friends! We have officially made it into March of 2017 (already?), which means it is due time for a *drumroll please* February Wrap-Up! This month was actually quite a good month, reading and blogging wise and I’m a bit ~proud~ of myself for keeping up this month. That being said: let’s get into it!
What I Read:
This month I read a whopping total of 8 books, which is actually quite a lot for me. Granted, I did have winter break during February, so I had a lot of time to catch up on my reading. Hopefully
fingers crossed I will read a decent amount of books in the month of March!
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – This book was really amazing, and one of the most creative retelling’s I have read. The only reason I nocked it one star was because of the pacing (slow) and the plot (sometimes confusing). I have a review here if you want to check that out!!😉
- Amy & Rogers Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – Morgan Matson has done it again, by writing one of my favorite contemporary books. I swear, I am such Morgan Matson trash. I will read
literallyeverything and anything she writes and fall in love with it. This book was so, so, so cute and I just wish we got to spend more time with our characters!
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.K. Rowling (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – Do I even need to write a blurb here? I’m relistening to this by audiobook for the 3rd? 4th? time. As always, I love this series to pieces.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (⭐️⭐️⭐️½) – Okay, this is kind of weird. I really liked this book, don’t get me wrong. It included an amazing cast of characters (Jesper, Wylan, Kaz and Inej are!!!! 😍). The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the plot. I just didn’t like it for some reason. The pacing was also slightly slow for me which is why I nocked half a star. I really, really
reallyhope this series gets better with Crooked Kingdom, because I want to love it just like everyone else does!
- Caraval by Stephanie Gasbar (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️½) – This book was magical until its very inner core. I fell in love the with the world she built and the words she used to build it. The concept of the story, and the plot was spectacular, and I am beyond excited to read the next book next year!
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! It was really an amazing book and I’m so glad I liked Gemina because I really did not like Illuminae at all. Gemini was 10 tens better. The characters were so amazing, the twists and turns were spectacular and the aliens were so well written. Basically, this is just a kick-ass book.
- The Sun Is also a Star by Nicola Yoon (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – With the Everything, Everything movie coming in soon, I decided I had better sit down and finally read Nicola Yoon’s other book: The Sun is Also a Star Is Also a Star, and I was not disappointed! It was a really compelling story with two amazing main characters, and I really urge you to read it if you have not already.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️½) – Once again, I’m reading Harry Potter. The only reason this is four and a half stars and not five stars is because the Chamber of Secrets is my least favorite Harry Potter book.
So there we have it! This is actually quite a lot of books for me, so I’m really happy I got to read so many. I dabbled in a little of every genre this month, hence the title “Aliens (Gemina), Gangs (Six of Crows), and Carnival’s (Caraval), Oh My!”
What I Hauled:
On the Blog:
This month was actually a really good blogging month for me, as I think I wrote a total of 3 posts! That is seriously a record high for me. I’m so excited to break a new record in March, because I have a lot of posts planned for this month!
On the ‘Gram
This month, I think I really found my style on my instagram account. I’m finally getting really into the community and into my pictures and I just love it! My instagram is @my.lifewithbooks if you want to check it out!
Goals For March:
- This month, I’m hoping to read 5 books. Not to big of a goal, but not too small either – so I really hope I can reach it.
- I am determined to get 100% back into bullet journaling. I find that I get so much more done when I’m using my journal, so hopefully I will stick to that this month.
- One of my favorite author’s, Laini Taylor releases a new book this month, Strange the Dreamer, and I am definitely reading that this month.
- I also have a goal of writing at least 5 blog posts. Fingers crossed that I can do it this month!
That’s it for February! I hope you guys have an amazing and productive March! What are some of your goals? Let me know! 🙂