October is here and i’ve been feeling all of the fall vibes. Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love apple picking, hot chocolate, red leaves, boots, scarves, and football games. There’s no better way to start off the month with a little wrap-up from September. Let’s get into it!
WHAT I READ
I only finished one book this month, which is so so sad. I’m getting extremely behind on reading this year in general. I’m crossing my fingers that next year will be so much better than this year is. Anyways, I only finished one book, but I am in the middle of two others.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) – This book was amazing. It definitely lived up to all the hype around it. The pacing, characters, plot and everything about this book was perfect. It was written so beautifully, and you can tell just how talented Sarah J. Mass is. I did take notes on the book, so I do have a review coming. Basically, this book is just perfect, it picks up so much from the first one and now i’m just rambling, but if you haven’t read it, do yourself a big huge favor and go pick it up!
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Mass (not finished) – I just couldn’t get enough of Sarah J. Mass after I read ACOMAF, and with the release of Empire of Storms this month, I couldn’t not pick this book up. I’m reading it as an audiobook and I am loving it! I love all the characters but I especially love Dorian 😅.
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee (not finished) – I got this book for my birthday and started it near the end of September. I’m only a few chapters in but I’m definitely digging the style of the book and the mysteries that it will lead to (also can we talk about how jaw-dropping beautiful this book is).
WHAT I HAULED:
This month was a good month for hauling, and I got some good books that I’m excited to share with you!
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine Mcgee – I received this book as a gift from my parents for my birthday, and I was beyond excited about it! The premise is extremely interesting and I love the cover.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling – Also a gift from my parents, I totally freaked when I opened this one. Who would not want this beauty sitting on their bookshelves?
- The Life She Wants by Robyn Carr – I received this from Little Bird Publicity, and I am super excited to read it! This rags to riches story is perfect for a cozy day in bed!
- Pretty Little World by Melissa DePino and Elizabeth LaBan – I also received this from Little Bird Publicity. This book is to be released on January 27th, 2017, and it is about three families who come together to live under one roof. Thank you so much to the lovely people from Little Bird Publicity for sending me these books!
- The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron – This one came in my uppercase subscription box, and it looks extremely interesting. It sort of gives me Lemony Snicket vibes.
Harry Potter Coloring Book – I got this coloring book for my birthday and I absolutely love it! Something about coloring is so therapeutic. 😌
Soccer – I’m playing soccer at my school this year, and everything about it is so fun. I love going to practice, being with my team and playing in games!
Skittles – I eat skittles like theres no tomorrow. My friends got me so many bags of skittles for my birthday and i’ve just been eating them like crazy.
Bullet Journaling – With the start of school, everything has been in such a flurry. The only thing that keeps me organized these days is my bullet journal. I love all things stationary and bullet journaling makes me want to do all my schoolwork and study more. I love keeping track of my habits and how much water I drink in a day – it’s been keeping me pretty healthy!
- My birthday was this month! I turned 15 years old, and I still feel so young!
- School also started this month! I started my sophomore year. It’s time for me to start thinking about colleges and yet I have no idea where I want to go in my life.
- I didn’t read too many books, or blog at all so hopefully that will change going into october!
GOALS FOR OCTOBER
- Read at least 3 books. I’m cutting back on my goals, because I know I won’t have time to finish 6 this month. Hopefully I can even finish three!
- Blog once a week. I can’t say this enough, I want to blog more. I have so many ideas filling up in my mind but not enough time to write!
- Keep up with school and my grades. I really want to be able to keep my grades up this month on top of reading and blogging!
Happy October everyone!
with much love,