June has been the longest month this year by far. It was also a really bad month for reading and books in general. I haven’t read or blogged that much because of all the finals I had in the middle of the month. With that, let’s get into it. 🙂
What I Read
This month I only read three books. I wish I had more time on my hands to read but I got so caught up in my finals and exams at the end of the school year.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: This book was FANTASTIC! I loved every single page of the book and Colleen’s writing only made it 100,000X better. The entire time I was reading the book I could not stop thinking about Grey’s Anatomy because Tate was working as a nurse and I imagined Miles exactly like Mark Sloane. The way that Colleen wrote Miles in the earlier part of the story was so beautiful it almost made me cry sometimes. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub: I listened to this book on audible which made this worse in my opinion. Usually, I love listening to audiobooks but the narrator for this book was so monotone that I nearly ripped my head off. The story line was pretty good but I kept feeling like it was dragging on. I did love how sarcastic and relatable Sylvia was. The end of the book came together nicely, so that was a plus. (⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling: Written by the queen herself, this was as amazing as expected. I read this as a reread on audible and loved every second of it. There’s not really much else to say about such a perfect book (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
What I Hauled
I only hauled one book this month and it wasn’t one that I bought myself at the store or anything, I received it from my uppercase book box subscription. I am super excited to read it though! I got My Lady Jane, which looks so amazing!
What I Blogged
This month has been really bad for blogging as well so I don’t have much to share but hopefully I will have a lot more in July.
Grey’s Anatomy – I started watching Grey’s again and I am SO OBSESSED. I’m on season 9 and I haven’t stopped watching it since school ended. I’m hoping to just plow through it and then finish it early in the summer so that
it doesn’t consume everything I do
Painting – I have also been painting like crazy – usually while watching greys. In my room I have a huge mural of the planets going and I work on it every so often while listening to my audiobooks.
Baseball Caps – I recently bought a nike baseball cap that I love. I’m thinking about buying some more-especially a Monsters University cap!
- This month I finally wrapped up my school year with 4 final exams. I had one in World History, Geometry, English, and Living Environment. I did pretty well on all of these, so now I’m free to read and blog! 🙂
Goals For July
- Read at least 6 books (I say this every month but I really hope I can do it this time)
- Blog once a week
- Post on instagram every single day (or – hopefully – twice a day)
So that wraps up my June. What are some of your reflections on June and goals for July?